Dr. Annette Heinz
- Real estate transactions
- Real estate project development
- Investment law
- Joint ventures
- Law of architects and engineers and private construction law
- Urban development
Annette advises on all aspects of real estate law, with a particular focus on real estate transactions, project developments and investment law. Furthermore, Annette has extensive experience in assisting on joint ventures, urban developments and on questions relating to the law of architects and engineers as well as private construction law. Her clients include domestic and international investors, real estate developers, as well as capital management companies.
- Advising Quantum Immobilien Kapitalverwaltungsgesellschaft mbH on the acquisition of various properties in Germany (i.a. „Markthäuser“ in Mainz, office property in Munich) in each case for regulated investment funds
- Advising a large pension fund based in northern Germany on the sale of the property „Schumacher Kontor“ located in Hamburg (mixed use: office, gastronomy and retail)
- Advising Captiva on the acquisition of a medical centre located in Rostock for a fund managed by IntReal as service capital management company
Advising dodenhof on the carve out of its furniture division and the joint venture with XXXLutz group
Advising the Free and Hanseatic City of Hamburg on the development of the Overseas Quarter (Überseequartier), the beating heart of the HafenCity in Hamburg, Europe’s biggest inner-city development scheme
Advising one of the biggest European publishing companies on the planning and construction of a new headquarte
- Advising an international real estate investor on the acquisition of four shopping centres in Germany in a joint venture with a renowned asset manager
Annette has been a Partner at NEUWERK since 2021. Prior to that, she was Counsel at NEUWERK for three years. From 2011 until 2017, Annette practised in the „Real Estate“ practice group of Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP in Hamburg, being a Principal Associate since 2014.
Following the so-called studium generale at Leibniz Kolleg in Tübingen, Annette studied law at the University of Konstanz. Afterwards, she worked for two years as research assistant with an international law firm in Frankfurt am Main. In 2009, Annette gained a Judicial Doctor degree in connection with her thesis on capital markets law.
Annette holds a Second State Exam from the Higher Regional Court of Frankfurt am Main including work stays i.a. in Uruguay and at the German Football League (DFL Deutschen Fußball Liga GmbH) in Frankfurt am Main.
- Infringement of written form in case of implied rent increase beyond the lease agreement (Schriftformverstoß bei außerhalb des Mietvertrags konkludent vereinbarter Mieterhöhung) – comment on judgement of Higher Regional Court of Düsseldorf dated 19 March 2013 (I-24 U 103/12); ZfIR 2014, 324 (together with Dr. Stefan Frick)
- Extraordinary termination right and damage claims of commercial tenants in case of announced extensive building measures (Außerordentliches Kündigungsrecht und Schadensersatzanspruch des Gewerbemieters bei angekündigten umfangreichen Baumaßnahmen) – comment on judgement of Federal Supreme Court dated 31 October 2012 (XII ZR 126/11); ZfIR 2013, 135 (together with Dr. Niko Schultz-Süchting)
- Acquisition of property by civil law associations – proof of existence, identity and representations not required (Grundstückserwerb durch die GbR – Kein besonderer Nachweis hinsichtlich Existenz, Identität und Vertretungsverhältnissen erforderlich); NZM 2012, 100 (together with Dr. Gerold M. Jaeger)
- The Enforcement proceedings in Germany – Research on the control system of accounting documents with a specific focus on the legal protection in connection with publication orders according to sec 37 para 2 sentence 1, 4 Securities Trading Act (Das Enforcement-Verfahren in Deutschland – Untersuchung des Systems zur Kontrolle von Rechnungslegungsunterlagen unter besonderer Berücksichtigung der Prüfung einer effektiven Rechtsschutzgewährung in Bezug auf eine Bekanntmachungsanordnung nach § 37q Absatz 2 Satz 1, 4 WpHG), graduate thesis, 2010
- Risk Limitation Act supports assignability of claims of saving banks under loan agreements (Risikobegrenzungsgesetz untermauert Abtretbarkeit von Sparkassendarlehensforderungen); BKR 2009, 273 (together with Dr. Gerold M. Jaeger)
- The ground lease (Das Nachbarerbbaurecht); ZfIR 2008, 318 (together with Dr. Gerold M. Jaeger)
German, English, Spanish